Monday, July 28, 2008

My First Pie!




Today I was really bored and I decided to make a pie! The pie turned out really god if i do say so myself. mom says that i have to make it for thanksgiving now...I got a crust recipe off of all recipes.com along with a recipe for the ingredients. I used mixed Marionberries and boysenberries instead of blackberries and the crust was super easy to make. mom was trying to get me to use a pre made one so i wouldnt mess it up but it turned out great! im so proud of myself. lol. Heres the recipe so you can try it:
Crust (doubled ):
1 egg
6 tablespoons of sugar
2 pinches of salt
3 cups of flour
1 cup of butter
Directions:
mix egg and sugar in small bowl. In separate bowl combine salt and flour. soften butter until slightly melted and put into bowl with salt and flour. add in egg mixture. knead dough into 2 smooth balls and put in refridgerator for 15 min.
heat the oven to 450 degrees F
Filling:
4 cups of berries (thawed)
3 tablespoons of flour
1 cup of sugar
1 tablespoon of lemon juice (optional)
Directions:
after dough is ready, grease a 9 inch pie pan. Roll one of the dough balls to about 1/8 the of an inch and line the bottom of the pan.
Mix all of your ingredients for the filling in a bowl and then spoon into the pie crust.
take the other ball of dough and roll the same as the bottom crust and lay ontop of the pie. cut slits throughout the top.
Bake the pie for 15 minutes then reduce the heat to 350 untill golden brown (should take around 10 minutes) then cool and enjoy!

2 comments:

Kaitlin said...

About time you updated your blog! Yeah he seems pretty cool, by the way now that you are a member of My Mormon Life, Cody is mine! lol, jk. He isn't really mine but I can wish can I?

Laurie and Mike said...

Great pie Lindzerelli! I don't make pies but you have inspired me to try again. :)